Maintaining commitment in these times is more important than ever. Many of the friends with a refugee background and those in need of help were faced with a lack of German courses and training centres, cancelled appointments and closed authorities from March 2020.
Life in a new country, which had just been tentatively built up and gathering momentum, came to a standstill.
Despite Corona times, we remained the direct contact around the clock for all issues and stood up for a good cause.
– We kept two counselling centres open for personal 1:1 contact, to which about 2000 people came seeking help
– We continued to provide 1:1 tutoring in German and educational support
– Helped with removals and arranged for donated washing machines
– Since March 2020, we have also maintained close contact via the “Breakfast & Talk” Whatsapp group (over 100 participants)
– Read out books chapter by chapter via Whatsapp voice message
– Since June 2021, “Breakfast & Talk” and “Meet & Talk” have been taking place again under hygiene conditions